5.07.2011

Introducing Dr. and (Still Just) Mrs.

It's official: as of 2 PM this afternoon, Rick is now Dr. Rick.


I technically also graduated today, but Rick's graduation from 6 years of pharmacy school trumped my piddly ceremony. After all, getting your Masters in literacy education doesn't even give you a new fancy little title like Doctor. I'm still just the same old Mrs. Really, all it does is allow you to be safe in knowing that you hold a permanent certificate entitling you to teach adolescents that reading is important for. the. rest. of. your. life. I think Rick got the better end of the deal.



How can you not trust a face like that? ;)

Seriously, though, I am so proud of that boy. The road to this was not always easy, and at one point neither one of us thought this day would actually come. You don't need or want to hear the whole story, but I distinctly remember the relief and sheer happiness we both felt the morning he finally got the "We accept you to our program" phone call. All along, Jeremiah 29:11 was his mantra and daily reminder of God's goodness and plan for him: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."



My husband. My pharmacist. My Dr. Rick.

I just couldn't resist bragging about him for a few minutes. :)

9 comments :

  1. Even though you are still "Just Mrs.", you will always be MY Mrs. - and I couldn't wish a better Mrs. than you, no matter what the title or degree! (Sorry for all the mush to those reading to try and find wonderful crafting and home decor posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both!!! Graduation day is a VERY exciting day!

    Love Rick's shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE! Congratulations to you both! I bet you're both SO relieved to be *done* with homework and finals!

    P.S.: Andy has a shirt just like that that says "Trust me, I'm a jedi." Making him much nerdier than Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel6/01/2011

    Congrats to Dr. Rick and Congrats to Masters Degree holding Mrs. Rick!!!

    You should sooooooo teach your students the importance of Tess of the D'urbervilles. Oh wait....you never learned the importance...

    Teach them the ridiculousness of Tess of the D'urbervilles then. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda@Serenity Now6/01/2011

    How exciting!!! LOVE his t-shirt. That made me smile. :) Congrats to both of you! Thanks for the visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol@thedesignpages6/01/2011

    Wow, congratulations to you both. What a big day. Soooo, what did you do to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aislinn6/01/2011

    Yay!!!! Congrats to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelsey6/01/2011

    Congrats, what an accomplishment! And I love the shirt... classic photo! I saw your comment on my blog (trial & style) and liked that you liked my sense of humor. So I figured I'd like yours, and YUP! You mentioned you are an English teacher, so I'd like to immediately apologize for my grammar :-)

    Do you have a Facebook or Google Friend Connect I could follow you on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you both! I plan on getting my masters, but right now, my boys (and blogging) are more important.

    In that first picture, it looks like you are sharing a set of dainty, feathery, angel wings. :

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...